Tea Time Snacks with whole wheat
by Qua Nutrition
Tea time is a special time. Experience of tea is not complete without something
by its side. Here are a few recipes that you can have with your tea and enjoy.
1. Wheat Crispies with dip
- Low Fat Milk – 1 cup
- Curd – ½ cup
- Ripe Banana – 1nos / Strawberry – 5 nos / Fresh berries / Mangoes
- Strawberries/cranberries/blueberries – cut to garnish
- Palm sugar / honey / sugar to taste ( optional)
For the dough:
- Whole Wheat Flour – 100 g
- Water – to make dough
- Olive Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt , pepper and seasoning – to taste
- Corainder leaves – 2 tsp finely chopped
- Fenugreek leaves / spinach leaves – 5- 7 tsp finely chopped.
- Roasted Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Olive oil to saute
For the Dip:
- Thick Curd – 2 tbsps
- Chaat Masala – 2 tsps
- Tomato Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Kneed the dough. Roll into chappatis and cook.
- Cut into small long rectangles. Saute in pan till edges are brown.
- Eat with dip
This is a simple snack that can be made at all times holding fibre, making it a
healthy snack for everyone. Fenugreek leaves are good advisory to maintain sugar
Spinach leaves improve iron levels.
2. Lemony Chicken Club Sandwich
- Boneless Chicken – 100 g, shredded
- Lemon Zest – 1
- Lemon Juice – 2 tsps
- Cucumber – 1 medium
- Spring Onion – 2 tbsps, chopped finely
- Whole Wheat Bread – 6 Slices
- Greek Yogurt – 2 tbsps
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Butter – 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté shredded chicken till tender and light brown.
- Mix the chicken, yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, spring onion and a good grind
of black pepper in a bowl.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Divide the chicken yogurt mixture between 2 slices of bread. Top each with another
slice of bread and butter the outer side. Arrange the cucumber slices on the bread,
season and finally sandwich with the final pieces of bread, butter-side down. Cut
off the crusts, then cut into little triangles.
A chicken sandwich is a healthy snack recipe as it is a good source of protein,
carbohydrate, vitamins and minerals. It can be a part of healthy diet.
- Chicken has a very high protein content. Protein is important for repairing and
maintaining tissue, building a strong immune system and developing lean muscle mass.
Chicken is not only a very good source of protein, but it is also a very good source
of B vitamins and minerals like iron, phosphorus and selenium.
- Bread contains carbohydrates and is a good source of folate, thiamine, riboflavin
and niacin. Whole-wheat bread is healthier than white bread because it is a type
of whole-grain. Whole-grains contain more fibre, B vitamins, potassium, selenium
and magnesium than regular refined grains.
- Toppings can increase or decrease the nutritional content of a chicken sandwich.
Fresh lettuce, tomato, spring onion, cucumber and other vegetables will add fibre,
vitamins and minerals. Diets high in fruits and vegetables lower blood pressure
and decrease the risk of heart disease
- A chicken sandwich can be a part of a high protein diet and a healthy snack for
kids as well.