Delicious & healthy sweet recipes with Oats
by Qua Nutrition
These day’s oats are staple in every healthy person’s diet. We sometimes do get
bored of eating oats the same old way. Here are a few different and twisted unique
ways to have oats in different ways.
1. Fruit Oat Smoothie / Milk Shake
- Low Fat Milk – 1 cup
- Curd – ½ cup
- Ripe Banana – 1nos / Strawberry – 5 nos / Fresh berries / Mangoes
- Strawberries/cranberries/blueberries – cut to garnish
- Palm sugar / honey / sugar to taste ( optional)
A topped glass of cold milk shake or smoothie is enough to lighten someones day.
The kick of antioxidents from the seasonal fruits and the oats make for good breakfast
and healthy wholesome meal. It’s a low calorie food so it can be a part of weight
loss diet. It also stays in your stomach longer and gives you a satisfied feeling
Oats alter metabolism and enhance performance when ingested 45 minutes to 1 hour
before exercise of moderate intensity. So it is the best pre workout food for athletes.
The other possible oats benefits include lowering levels of cholesterol, enhancing
immune response to diseases and reducing risk of colorectal cancer.
2. Oats ladoo
- Oats- 1/2 cup
- Sesame -1/2 cup
- Dried fruit(raisins/figs)-10 g
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 cup grated jaggery / palm jaggery/ coconut palm sugar
- On a medium heat dry roast oats and sesame separately until lightly golden.
- Cool them.
- In a blender, powder oats and sesame seeds and cardamoms set aside.
- Add jaggery and blend well. Set this aside.
- Roll to balls.
- Store in an air tight jar.
- Oats contains fibres that help in lowering cholesterol levels and also helps in
- Sesame is a good source of magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, molybdenum
and selenium. Besides nutritional benefits it also gives a nutty flavour. Sesame
seeds also aid in lowering cholesterol levels.
- Jaggery is a better substitute than refined sugar. Not only does it provide sweetness
but it also contains iron. It helps in digestion.
This is a healthy way to include sweets in your diet.